- analyze the literary elements in a short story;
- identify and evaluate the use of verbal, situational and dramatic irony.
- What is verbal, situational and dramatic irony? (covered in class)
- Read “Lamb to the Slaughter” by Roald Dahl.
Complete the writing prompt below. Please demonstrate what you have learned to date regarding writing skills and short story elements.
1. Complete the Elements of the Short Story worksheet.
2.Write one to two formal paragraph(s) evaluating the author’s use of verbal, situational and dramatic irony in the short story. Identify where and how he uses it and the impact on the reader. Provide specific details/examples/quotes from the text to support your ideas.
What do I mean by “write a formal paragraph”?
- 3rd person
- Formal language
- Formal structure (topic and conclusion, etc)
- Transition words
- 5-8 sentences
Alfred Hitchcock’s Version 1958 (26 min)
Tales of the Unexpected Version 1979 (24 min)