English 12 Course Description
In a world flooded with information, it is crucial to be able to decipher meaning from and communicate clearly through language. By developing speaking, listening, reading, viewing, writing and representing skills, students will be prepared to fully participate and succeed in today’s world.
You will develop your speaking and listening skills through informal discussions, formal oral presentations and collaborative activities.
Unit 2 Reading and Viewing
- Literary Texts (short stories, plays, poetry, novels, etc.)
- Information and Persuasive Texts (articles and reports, biographies, reference materials, advertisements, newspapers, opinion-based materials, etc.)
- Visual Texts (media, web sites, graphic novels, film and video, photographs, etc.)
Unit 3 Writing and Representing
- Personal Texts (connecting, quick writes, journaling, notes, etc.)
- Information Texts (persuasive & information essays, literary analysis, etc.)
- Imaginative Texts (poems, stories, descriptive essays, etc.)
- Representations (brainstorming, posters, prezis, videos, PowerPoints, etc.)