- Annotate and explicate poetry
- Make inferences and connections
- Identify and evaluate impact of figurative language
- As a class annotate “Hurt” by Michael Trent Reznor.
- Examine examples of student explications of the poem “Hurt.” Click here: Explicating Poetry.
- Choose one of the following poems to annotate and explicate on your own.
4. Annotate your poem (see example below).
5. Write a 2 paragraph explication (explanation) on your poem (click on Explicating Poetry” link below).
6. Hand in both your annotated poem and your explication (due next Weds)