- Effectively Incorporating Quotes into writing.
- Structure a formal paragraph.
- Transition between sentences within a paragraph.
- Effectively self and peer assess.
Activity 1: Paragraph Revision
- Review your paragraph (handed back today from your first assignment) and my feedback.
- Write down a writing goal for your next piece on your Goal Setting for My Writing handout.
- Rewrite your paragraph and save it in the HAND IN folder. Please include:
- full name and date
- Title: Revised Paragraph
- Times Roman font
- 12 font
- double spaced
Where is the HAND IN folder?
- Click on “File” at the top left of your document.
- Select “Save As”
- Looking on the left hand side of the open window, select the computer name.
- Select Hand In.
- Select Devon’s Classes.
- Choose a partner to work with.
- Exchange essays (expository essays handed back today unmarked) and read through your peer’s essay.
- Complete the peer editing form (to be handed out). Please be honest as well as empathetic. You are helping each other get a better mark.
- Based on the feedback you receive, add another goal to your goal setting handout.
Assignment: Revise your Expository Essay
- Revise your essay using (1) my feedback, (2) peer feedback, (3) today’s targeted lessons, and (4) marking rubric.
- Complete the self assessment handout.
Please hand in the following documents next class:
- A copy of your writing goals;
- Your revised essay;
- Your peer assessment form (completed on your essay);
- Your self assessment.